Tangy Thai Beef Salad.
Thai Beef Salad With Cucumber, Tomato & Onion With Ginger-Lime Dressing.
Thai Beef salads are one of my favorite dishes to order when I go out to Thai restaurants, so I was excited to finally make this for myself at home. This salad has tons of texture and flavor – it’s crunchy, tangy, sweet and savory. It’s full of bright flavor and makes a great, light meal.
- 3/4 lb flat iron or flank steak, grilled and sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- dash of hot red pepper flakes
Begin by making the dressing. Combine the Tamari, lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, sriracha and hot red pepper flakes and whisk well. In a large mixing bowl, add the lettuce, cucumber, onions, tomatoes, peanuts, basil and room temperature beef. Pour the dressing over top and toss to combine.