Gluten-Free BBQ Meatballs.
Now that we live in the South, I try to incorporate BBQ whenever possible. I made these delicious little BBQ meatballs for a dinner party last weekend and they turned out great. My husband, who is currently obsessed with BBQ, especially loved these. The recipe is gluten-free but you could certainly make it with regular ingredients if you don’t want gluten-free. I’ll be making these again at my next dinner party!
Makes ~20-25 meatballs depending on size.
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (85% lean/15% fat)
- 1 1/2 cups good quality BBQ sauce (most BBQ sauces are GF but you should still check the ingredients if you require it to be GF)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup gluten-free bread crumbs (or regular bread crumbs if you don’t want gluten-free)
- 1/3 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup Heinz ketchup
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt/black pepper (to taste)
In a large mixing bowl, add the ground beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, green onion, ketchup, garlic powder and salt/black pepper. Combine the ingredients using a spoon or your hands so all of the ingredients are mixed together well. Form the meat into small sized balls and line up on a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, pour the BBQ sauce over the meatballs, cover the dish with tin foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes.