Crisp Apple & Parmesan Kale Salad.
Kale Salad With Green Apples, Parmesan Cheese, Sunflower Seeds & Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
I love kale and how versatile it is. It’s great raw or cooked and compliments a wide variety of flavors. This kale salad is a great combination of sweet, salty, tangy and crunchy. It makes a great lunch, dinner or side dish. It takes only minutes to make and it also keeps well if you have leftovers.
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, roasted & salted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly grated cheese for topping (I used Rahmkase cheese but you could use sharp cheddar, Manchego or any other type you prefer)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt/black pepper
In a large bowl, mix the chopped kale with the sliced apples, half of the sunflower seeds, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and a dash of salt and black pepper. Toss well to combine. Top the salad with the other half of the sunflower seeds and your choice freshly grated cheese (as much or as little cheese as you’d like.)