Whole Foods’ Beef & Quinoa Meatballs.
I recently started eating gluten free/dairy free and this was one of the first dishes I made. This is a Whole Foods’ recipe, which I tweaked just a bit to my liking and to make it gluten free, but otherwise I followed the directions on the recipe. I ate them with some steamed green beans and avocado, which was a delicious combination, but you could also eat them with pasta, rice or any other veggie. These meatballs are amazing and will definitely be one of my new regular dishes!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons Heinz tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon San-J Tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp herb blend (I used Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute mix)
- garlic salt/black pepper