Mediterranean Shrimp Salad
Shrimp Salad With Cucumber, Avocado, Tomato, Olives, Feta, Dill & Lemon.
We obviously did some serious eating on our honeymoon, so when we returned I really wanted to eat fresh and healthy meals to get back on track. This salad is great because it’s light, but also filling and flavorful.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked shrimp, de-veined, tails removed, halved (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium-sized English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 handful fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- garlic salt
- black pepper
Begin by heating 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add in the shrimp and half of the chopped dill and season with a dash of garlic salt. Cook the shrimp for about 3-5 minutes and then remove from the heat. Allow the shrimp to cool to room temperature, then put them in a large mixing bowl and add the tomatoes, cucumber, feta, avocado, olives and the remaining dill. Add the lemon juice, a dash of garlic salt and black pepper and toss to combine.