Spicy Sesame-Peanut Noodles With Shrimp & Snap Peas.
- 1 package whole-wheat linguine
- 1/2 cup Smart Balance peanut butter
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups frozen shrimp, thawed & de-veined
- 1 cup cole-slaw cabbage mix (green & purple sliced cabbage)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 tbsp Sriracha sauce (Asian hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp dried, crushed ginger
- 1 tbsp crushed garlic
-To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, Sriracha, red pepper flakes and garlic in a food processor and blend for about 20 seconds.
-In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil on medium heat and add the sugar snap peas, shredded carrots and 1/2 cup of the cole-slaw cabbage mix. Cook the vegetables for about 15 minutes until they begin to brown. Lower the heat, then add in the green onion and shrimp. Continue to cook on low heat for about 10 minutes.
-Cook the linguine as directed on the box to al dente. Drain the excess water and add the pasta in with the vegetables and shrimp. Pour the sauce over the pasta and vegetables and toss to mix. Add in the remaining 1/2 cup of cabbage coleslaw mix to add a crunch.